We know that many iPhone 4 and 3GS users relying on unlock are anxiously waiting for some way to update to firmware 5.1.1 because untethered jailbreak for this IPSW has been already released by Pod2g and his dream team but you might be aware that if you update your phone with stock firmware then you’ll loose your unlock because baseband of your device will change after restoring to the latest Apple IPSW.
In order to preserve baseband while updating to iOS 5.1.1 you must use custom firmware instead of stock one. Although, you can use Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w for this purpose but instead of using them you can also download custom IPSW files directly and use them to preserve baseband. Here we are going to give you download links for these files and the procedure to install them.
Download iOS 5.1.1 Custom Firmware IPSW
How To Use Them On Mac
- Make a backup of your phone.
- Download latest Redsn0w. Run it and head over to “Extras”.
- Hit “PwnedDFU” and follow on-screen instructions to enter DFU mode.
- Run iTunes. Press “Alt” key and click on “Restore” button.
- Locate custom IPSW file and restore your device.
How To Use Them On Windows
- Download iReb. Run it and select your phone.
- Follow instructions to get into DFU Mode.
- Open iTunes. Hold “Shift” key and click on “Restore” button.
- Locate custom firmware to restore your device.
Follow our guide on iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak here. This guide uses Absinthe 2.0 but you can download latest version 2.0.2 for Windows from here and for Mac from here. The procedure for both versions is same. After jailbreaking, use Ultrasn0w from Cydia or Gevey SIM to unlock your phone.
Follow Us on Twitter, and Like Our Facebook Page to get latest Apple, Jailbreak and Unlock News and Tutorials.