After a long wait, Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 is here to unlock iPhone 4 and 3GS on iOS 5.1.1. Previously, the Dev Team released version 1.2.5 which supported firmware 5.0.1 but there was no release of famous unlocking tool when Apple released iOS 5.1. This seems to be the reason behind release of version 1.2.7 instead of 1.2.6. In order to unlock iPhone on 5.1, people had to use Ultrasn0w fixer .
Due to complexities involved in unlocking new iPhone 4 and 4S basebands, this updated software based solution supports only old basebands and no new modem firmware is included. If you’re still confused, you can read the list of supported basebands below.
Before proceeding to the tutorial to use this tool, you should know that if you’re relying on unlock and want to update to iOS 5.1.1 then you should preserve your device baseband first. You can do this by using custom firmware. You can download custom IPSW for iOS 5.1.1 from here.
1. Before taking advantage of Ultrasn0w 1.2.7, you must jailbreak your device. You can use a jailbreaking tool like Redsn0w or Absinthe for this purpose.
2. After jailbreaking your phone, run Cydia from the icon on the Springboard.
3. Add new source to Cydia by going to “Manage” and then tap on the “Sources” button. Tap on “Add” option present on the top left side of the iPhone screen and write down the below repo address in the text field.
4. Once the source is added, return back to Cydia and open the repo you added earlier. Tap on Ultrasn0w package and hit the “Install” button.
5. Confirm it and wait for some time until package is installed. Once the installation is complete, hit the “Restart Springboard” button to reboot your iPhone 4 or 3GS. After restart, your phone will be unlocked.
Follow Us on Twitter, and Like Our Facebook Page to get latest Apple, Jailbreak and Unlock News and Tutorials.