The Absinthe 2.0 has just arrived to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. As expected, it was released during the Hack in the Box Conference held in Amsterdam where many great hackers including Pod2g were present. Absinthe 2.0 didn’t come into existence overnight. It took a lot of effort and restless nights. It was made possible because of sincere efforts from Pod2g, Chronic Dev Team and iPhone Dev Team.
Currently, this untethered jailbreak works only on iOS 5.1.1. This tool has a very simple user interface and within five minutes, you’ll be able to jailbreak your device. This software supports all A4, A5 and A5x devices. Check out out step-by-step guide below.
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- The New iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- Apple TV 2G
Things to Consider
- Although it’s not necessary but we always recommend you to make backup of your device before jailbreaking. You can use iTunes or iCloud for this purpose.
- If you’re relying on unlock, don’t update to iOS 5.1.1 unless you have custom firmware cooked with Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w. Use that custom firmware because it’ll preserve baseband.
Download Absinthe 2.0
How To Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered With Absinthe 2.0
1. After downloading the tool from links given above, extract the compressed file.
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with your Computer.
3. Run the extracted “exe” file from Step 1. You will see a command line interface screen. This screen basically shows you files it’s extracting. After some time, the screen will be closed automatically and you’ll see a new folder at a location where you downloaded and extracted files. In our case, the folder name was “absinthe-win-2.0″.
4. Open that folder and run “absinthe.exe” file in it.
5. Hit the “Jailbreak” button and after a few minutes, your device will be jailbroken.
6. After the jailbreak process is complete, you can see the Cydia icon on Springboard.
Do tell us in comments, if you’re facing any problem.
Follow Us on Twitter, and Like Our Facebook Page to get latest Apple, Jailbreak and Unlock News and Tutorials.