It seems that Apple didn’t take into account Redsn0w 0.9.10.b8b which was released a few days ago before releasing iOS 5.1.1 and we can now confirm that you can tethered jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4, iPad 1 and iPod Touch 4G with latest Redsn0w. All of these are A4 devices and MuscleNerd has also confirmed that these devices can be jailbroken in his Tweet.
As usual we are going to help you in this procedure. Follow our detailed tutorial below to make your life easier.
Download iOS 5.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch. Remember its not 5.1.1 version. You need to use it in the process.
How To Tethered Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1
1. This is an optional step but always recommended. You should backup important content before proceeding further. You can also use iCloud to backup necessary data.
2. Update your iDevice to iOS 5.1.1 if you haven’t already. You can use OTA or iTunes to update. You can also download from direct links given here.
3. Run latest Redsn0w you downloaded earlier.
4. Head over to “Extras” and choose “Select IPSW” option.
5. Now locate iOS 5.1 IPSW file which you downloaded for your device.
6. Now return back to Main Menu Screen of Redsn0w and select “Jailbreak”. Then check “Install Cydia” option.
7. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to put your device into DFU Mode. As soon as your device will get into DFU Mode, your jailbreaking tool will start its magic and within few minutes your device will be jailbroken. After reboot you’ll find cute Cydia icon on your home screen.
This is a tethered jailbreak, therefore, you need to connect your device to Computer, run Redsn0w and select “Just Boot” from “Extras” on every reboot.
Follow Us on Twitter, and Like Our Facebook Page to get latest Apple, Jailbreak and Unlock News and Tutorials.